To lead a healthy diet, nutritionists recommend including several servings of cooked and raw vegetables. However, these are the main nutrients absent in our daily diet.
Salads are very easy to prepare, because of their high content of water and other essential nutrients for our organism, satisfy our hunger and thirst in a considerable way; Contribute to keep the skin well nourished and moisturized.
- Hydrate and refresh. More than 90% of the composition of the vegetables, base of the salads, is water.
- Nutrients. Vegetables are an excellent source of vitamins that regulate multiple organic processes, such as the proper functioning of the nervous system.
- Depurative. The depurative, detoxifying and diuretic action of salads is due to the high content of water, potassium, low sodium intake, as well as the vegetables that compose them, as well as the presence of essential oils that dilate the renal vessels.
- Protect the skin. Vegetables provide beta-carotene, which is transformed into vitamin A, which renews the skin and mucous membranes, as well as vitamin C, which improves the production of collagen, a protein that keeps the skin smooth and wrinkle free.
- Regulate bowel function. Because of the rich fiber of vegetables, a salad is laxative, prevent or improve constipation. In addition, fiber contributes to lower cholesterol and good glycemic control, which is beneficial in case of cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
In general, eating salads brings many benefits and few calories. They are ideal for all people, especially for those who are looking for their ideal weight through a diet.