Green vegetables every day star more dishes on our table. For its multiple benefits and versatility, spinach, broccoli or chard, for example, have become part of our daily diet. If you still do not have a relevant place in your table, it is time for you to take note of its benefits.
- They provide minerals, vitamins and fiber, which is why they are highly nutritious; even if we are talking about some leaves or stems of celery.
- They help in the prevention of cancer. Different studies have shown that the chlorophyll that gives them their characteristic green color, can prevent cancer, prevent anemia and improve heart function. They are also attributed anticancer properties because they are rich in antioxidants that eliminate free radicals.
- Most green vegetables are low in calories and as they are rich in fiber, they provide a feeling of fullness; so, we eat less. This makes them ideal for those who want to maintain or lower their weight.
- They are rich in potassium and magnesium, minerals difficult to obtain in processed foods.
- They have a large amount of calcium, essential mineral to keep the bones in perfect condition, to regulate the heart rate, achieve good nerve impulses, avoid insomnia, cramps and improve hormonal and enzymatic processes.
Nutritionists recommend consuming half a cup of green vegetables a day, at least. But if you have doubts about the right portion for your weight, age, sex or health condition, it is best to check with your treating doctor.
On the other hand, keep in mind that you can consume them outside of meals. For example, a sprig of broccoli or celery is a great snack. As well as a handful of chard or spinach are very good in the breakfast omelette.