We always see in commercial men and women with “fresh breath” after using a dentifrice in particular. But you need not spend much these products do not always contain very healthy ingredients. So if you suffer from halitosis, please read the following article, where you will learn homemade recipes to combat bad breath.
What is halitosis?
The medical name for bad breath is halitosis and is more common than you think, because it affects the vast majority of the population, at least at some point in life. The bad smell in the mouth can occur for various reasons, but the most common is a lack of hygiene in the oral cavity, which helps the growth of bacteria, which causes a process that generates an unpleasant odor.
It is also related to bad breath shortage of saliva and dry mouth. Salivary glands secrete this fluid, which is generated by 99% water, with antiseptic properties and while kept clean mouth.
It is really very unpleasant halitosis, both for the sufferer and for those who are around. Sufferers often too embarrassed or shy to talk to other people, because they feel dirty or guilty.
The consumption of some foods, like coffee, alcohol, garlic or onions, as well as smoking, “help” to have more odor in the mouth. There are also drugs that have as one of its side effects decrease the production of saliva and dry mouth is synonymous with bad breath.
Another cause can be a diet low in carbohydrates. These nutrients are found in pasta, breads, rice, bread and vegetables and serve for the body to use fat to take the energy it needs.
But the most important and common reason is undoubtedly the proliferation of bacteria. When they are in excess in the mouth, induce the formation of plaque on the teeth, producing acids and volatile compounds responsible for the odor.
Wear dentures, cavities, fillings or crowns placed sleazy, suffering sinusitis, infections or sores, diabetes, indigestion and stress are other triggers of halitosis.
Folk Remedies for Bad Breath
- Use a toothpaste containing chlorophyll or eat mints to eliminate the foul odor from the mouth.
- A natural remedy for halitosis is to eat before breakfast yellow peach.
- If the problem is due to gingivitis (inflamed or bleeding gums), must make a mouthwash with a mixture of two tablespoons of red salvia with half a liter of water. Bring to a boil, lies about 20 minutes, then strain.
- Parsley is an excellent remedy for halitosis. Boil two cups of water with several sprigs and two whole cloves of smell. Stir all the time. Filter and used as a mouth rinse twice daily.
- Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with half a cup of water and performed a mouthwash in the morning when you wake up and at night before bed.
- After eating chewing a clove, cinnamon or anise, excellent to freshen your breath.
- Blend 250 grams of carrots, 125 grams of cucumbers and 125 grams of spinach. Drink half a glass after every meal.
- Prepare a juice with a peach, a quarter of mango, half a grapefruit, a half cup of water and two branches of mint. Grapefruit juice extracted and then liquefies the rest. Drink every day at noon.
- Prepare a tea with a tablespoon of mint and a cup of water, boil for ten minutes and drink after every meal.
- Boil one tablespoon of absinthe with a cup of boiling water. Cover, let cool. Drink a cup after meals.
- Boil a few minutes ¼ cup raspberry juice. Add ¼ cup water, 2 drops of peppermint oil and thyme ¼ infusions. Gargle and rinse after every meal.
- Boil two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds or fenugreek with a cup of water for five minutes. Cover and let cool and drink 1 cup after meals.
- Pour 1 teaspoon fresh thyme and oregano with 1 cup of water. Boil for five minutes and make rinses every two hours, which is as hot as possible.
- Chews after meals many condiments, such as several dill seeds. Another option is to Granada.
Tips to avoid halitosis
- Avoid eating onions, pepperoni, cheese, salami, coffee, candy, wine and beer.
- Carries a toothbrush with you to brush your teeth after eating being in the office, for example.
- Drink plenty of water, to promote the secretion of saliva that fights harmful bacteria.
Hatha Yoga Practice: has proven that this exercise and vegetarian diet strengthens digestive capacity, preventing halitosis.
- Chew sugarless gum or gum, which promotes salivation.
- Avoid foods that are too dry or fibrous and increases the consumption of raw salads.
- Do not spend a long time without any food. For example, a carrot midmorning is a good choice.