The smoke inhaled by passive smoking contains up to three times more nicotine and tar than smoking sucking and five times more carbon monoxide. Passive smokers who are exposed to snuff smoke for an hour, inhale an amount equivalent to two or three cigarettes.
- Short-term:Cough,dental problems (damage to gums and teeth enamel), dizziness, headache, sore throat, and eye irritation.
- Medium-term: High blood pressure, emphysema, asthma, heart attack, infertility and damage to the fetus (low birth weight, genetic diseases and sudden death).
- Long-term: Cancer (lung, breast, throat, tongue, mouth, esophagus, stomach, etc.).
- Bad habits are acquired, even at an early age.
- Feelings of low self-destruct or dependency and emotional needs.
- Impairment of cognitive ability.
- Behavioral problems in children.
- Isolation, although the snuff is a social drug.
- Anxiety associated with addiction.
- Associated with cardiovascular problems, you may develop dementia in old age.
Harms of Smoking for mother and baby:
Most people know that smoking causes cancer and other serious health problems, and smoking during pregnancy can also cause serious problems. Your baby may be born much earlier because of having a birth defect or die of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS, for its acronym in English) syndrome. Even being around cigarette smoke can cause health problems for you and your baby.
It is best to stop smoking before becoming pregnant. However, if you are already pregnant, quitting smoking may help anyway to protect your health and your baby. It’s never too late to quit smoking.
If you smoked and had a normal pregnancy in the past, there is no guarantee that your next pregnancy will also be normal. Every time you smoke during pregnancy, threatening their health and their baby.
Smoking can cause fertility problems in you and your partner. Women who smoke have more difficulty becoming pregnant than nonsmokers. In men, smoking can damage the sperm and contribute to erectile dysfunction. Both problems can make it harder for a man to procreate a baby when he and his partner are listos.
If a woman who smokes carry a baby, many complications she will has to face during and after pregnancy.