The sore throat is an unpleasant symptom that occurs when we get a virus, such as the flu, or when due to changes in temperature we cool. This symptom is manifested when our tonsils, responsible for defending our body from the presence of bacteria and foreign agents, become inflamed, causing pain and discomfort. When we feel discomfort in the throat it is important to act quickly to prevent infection in this area, known as tonsillitis.
- Lemon is one of the best natural options to cure sore throats and reduce the symptoms of cold and flu, this is due to its many healthy properties. To start this ingredient is a powerful antiseptic and natural antibacterial favoring the elimination of viruses and bacteria. On the other hand, its high content of vitamin C strengthens the immune system, allowing us to fight better against discomfort, also helps to clear the voice and to combat other symptoms such as cough and general malaise.
- One of the best ways to cure throat pain with lemon is by preparing a gargle mix based on this ingredient. Start by heating a cup of water so that it does not get too high a temperature. Then squeeze the juice of a lemon in the water and add a teaspoon of honey, stir the mixture well, make sure that it is not too hot and then performs the gargling.
You should perform this procedure preferably 4 times a day for best results.
- If in addition to sore throat you have other symptoms of the flu or the cold, you can take an infusion of lemon and ginger that will help you feel much better. To do this heat a cup of water and when it starts to boil add a slice of ginger, turn off the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Then add the juice of half a lemon and a spoonful of honey to sweeten it.
Drink 3 cups a day and you will see how the sore throat and discomfort disappear.
- If you do not want to gargle or ingest an infusion, you can opt for another solution to cure sore throat with lemon. In a bowl mix a teaspoon of honey and the juice of half a lemon, stir well and inhale this mixture as a syrup 4 times a day, you will see how the discomfort decreases.
- But when to see a doctor? If you manifest any of the following signs, it is advisable to contact a specialist:
Your tonsils are infected, evidencing the presence of pus.
If pain does not subside after 3 days of home treatment.
If in addition to sore throat you have other symptoms such as fever, earache, shortness of breath or a lump in the throat area.
If you have an intense cough or bloody phlegm.
Once you have gargles, we recommend that you brush your teeth, thus avoiding the corrosive effect of the lemon.