Having yellow teeth can be due to many reasons
Tartar, for example, is the accumulation of food and waste in the “boundary” between the gums and the back of the teeth that are rough.
What to know about tartar
These spots or scabs that accumulate behind the teeth are formed by food and mineral salts of saliva.
The rough surfaces of the pieces become the perfect habitat for these particles and debris. In this way a cycle of formation and accumulation of tartar is repeated.
It is easy to notice its presence, since it is yellow and of rough appearance to the touch. It is good to know that, beyond an aesthetic problem; tartar interacts with certain foods, releases acid and produces cavities.
Consumption of coffee, soft drinks or tea as well as smoking or drinking alcohol cause stains on the teeth and encourage the occurrence of tartar. The same thing happens when we do not brush properly. A third reason is genetic predisposition.
Home Remedies for Teeth Tartar
The most effective technique for eliminating chronic gallstones is to visit the dentist to perform a thorough cleaning. If there is not too much accumulation or we should wait until the consultation with the professional, we can take advantage of the benefits of certain home remedies:
Many people use it as natural toothpaste and it is an old home recipe to keep teeth clean and white. If you have never tried it we advise you to mix it with water, as it can be quite salty or unpleasant taste.
- 1 tablespoon baking soda (10 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt (5 g)
- Place baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Wet the toothbrush with warm water.
- Soak the bristles in the baking soda and salt mixture.
- Brush as you do every day, but paying more attention to areas with tartar.
- Repeat at least 2 times a day (morning and evening).
It is another of the teeth whitening par excellence. Be careful and use it only at night, because contact with the sun can cause more stains. Lemon acid in turn could damage or weaken dental pieces; therefore, you should use this recipe at most once a week.
- The juice of ½ lemons
- ½ cup warm water (125 ml)
- Heat the water and squeeze the lemon.
- Place the water and juice in a glass or cup and stir.
- Swish all over your mouth before going to bed.
- Rinse with a little lukewarm water so that you do not have the sour taste.
Thirdly we have this element that cannot be missing in any house and that serves to clear teeth and eliminate tartar.
You can use this home remedy up to three times a week, always as a rinse, after normal brushing.
- ¼ cup warm water (62 ml)
- 2 tablespoons hydrogen peroxide (20 ml)
- Place warm water in a glass and add hydrogen peroxide.
- Stir well and rinse mouth for 1 minute.
- Spit and clean with fresh water.
They are ideal for removing accumulated dirt from the teeth. And it’s a very simple technique!
You only need a handful of sesame seeds, which you will chew for two minutes.
Do not swallow them after that time.
Then use the dry brush and rub it on all the dental pieces.
To finish, rinse with a good amount of water.