The uvula, located in our throat and also known as bell or bell, plays a very important role: it is the filter that prevents bacteria that enter our body through the mouth to progress further. That is why it is normal to occasionally become inflamed and irritated, especially when we present severe cases of allergy or influenza. This condition is uncomfortable and annoying, but some home remedies can help you to solve it, we give you several keys to discover how to treat the inflamed uvula.
- Although there are many favorable home remedies to treat the inflamed uvula, it is always advisable to combine the natural with a common anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen. This will help to calm the pain and reduce the inflammation to feel much better
- Twice a day gargle taking a glass of warm water with a teaspoon of salt. Because of its iodine content, salt is a good anti-inflammatory that will also help control possible infections
- Keeping you hydrated is essential, since if the bell is irritated and swollen the dryness will be the order of the day. By not consuming liquid we increase the discomfort, that is why it is advisable to take tepid infusions, especially the tea with a spoonful of honey, since the honey counts on antibiotic properties that will help you to diminish the inflammation of effective form
- Some homeopathic remedies like Belladonna or Artemis vulgaris are especially indicated to relieve throat discomfort that include inflammation, irritation and dryness, remember that plants have been, since ancient times, good options to treat various health problems. In an herbalist you can find more information on the subject.
- If inflammation of the uvula is caused by an allergic reaction, it is important to take antihistamines to control the problem. The same goes for severe colds.
- As long as you have the inflamed uvula it is important that you do not smoke, shout or moose too much voice and keep your neck protected from the cold, abrupt changes in temperature could make the problem worse
- If after three days with a home treatment your bell continues to be red, swollen and irritated, if you have much pain and trouble swallowing and if you have also observed white spots similar to pus, you should go to an otorhinolaryngologist. When the uvula is infected you should proceed to take specific antibiotics for the problem that only a doctor can prescribe
This article is purely informative, in ONE we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any kind of diagnosis. We invite you to go to a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.