Home / Food / Important Properties And Benefits of the Onion

Important Properties And Benefits of the Onion

Important Properties And Benefits of the Onion

The best way to reap the benefits of consuming raw onion is. And it stimulates the functioning of the liver, pancreas and gallbladder, while improving digestive activity.

One of the essential foods in the kitchen is the onion, and cook can take it virtually all possible ways and serves to flavor any dish. But in addition to its culinary properties, nutritional and even medicinal properties of onion make it a highly recommended food.

Nutrients of Onion

The main component of the onion by far is water, it accounts for 90% of its composition. Therefore surprising that in the remaining 10% finds many nutrients and many beneficial properties.

– Essential oils, responsible for most of the properties of the onion will discuss later, but they are also guilty of annoying tearing we suffer when we peel.

– vitamin B necessary for the proper functioning of the nervous and immune system; also vitamin E and C, with powerful antioxidant action.

– Multiple minerals and trace elements such as potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, sodium and sulfur among others.

– Essential amino acids.

– Fiber.

Properties of Onion

One of the best known properties of onion is diuretic, so it is highly recommended in patients with renal failure, gout or hyperuricemia, kidney stones, edema or hypertension. For its diuretic effect, but also because they are high in water and fiber and low in fat and sugar, it is essential in any diet.

It has expectorant action, and bactericide and fungicide. It is very useful in processes such as colds, coughs, bronchitis, sore throat and other respiratory conditions. In fact, a remedy widely used in these cases, place an onion in half starting next to the bed at night. In recent years, it has also proved beneficial effect in the treatment of asthma and allergies.

It is a potent cardio protective thanks to its antithrombotic, hyperuricemia property (i.e. the ability to lower cholesterol and triglycerides) and hypertensive, as long as it is consumed regularly.

The purifying action known as onion is that is capable of removing toxins and enzymes produced in the stomach after digestion process also conducive to stimulate the liver, gallbladder and pancreas to secrete substances needed. These properties are given only when consumed raw.

They should avoid excessive consumption those with a sensitive stomach, suffering from heartburn or have a tendency to flatulence or bloating.

The properties of onion are innumerable, I have discussed here only the most important, so I encourage you to anyway, Take daily, preferably raw, as it is when retains all its properties.

How you will rate this article?

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)
Loading...

About MahaSheikh

Check Also

14 Amazing Benefits and Uses of Ginger Powder for Skin, Hair and Health

14 Amazing Benefits and Uses of Ginger Powder for Skin, Hair and Health

Dry ginger powder is also known as Soonth powder, Saunth powder, etc.  This comes from …

Leave a Reply