WHAT IS MARIJUANA?
It is an illegal drug. It is called MARIJUANA (joint, Faso, etc.) to ready made from the flowers, leaves and small stems from the Cannabis sativa plant. Today, it is the tendency to consider as a depressant drug central nervous system, as their effects are somewhat similar to those of alcohol. Its specific modifying effects of perception have led some authors include it in the category of minor hallucinogens.
Effects of Marijuana
The effects of marijuana depend on the interplay of different factors:
- The characteristics of the substance and the way that consume
- Personal characteristics: personality, weight, age, health status and mood, as well as past experience as a consumer of the drug in question.
- The circumstances in which the drug is used: (company, place, legality).
Basically marijuana produces the following effects:
- Increase appetite
- Dry mouth
- Redness of the conjunctiva of the eye
- Brightness of the cornea
- Moderate Analgesia
- Difficulties in motor coordination
- Decreased blood flow to the brain
- Changes in the reproductive organs
- Feeling of euphoria
- Sensory and perceptual changes
- Loss of concentration
- Decreased coordination
- In high doses can cause hallucinations
When consumed smoked, its effects begin to be felt within minutes of consumption, peaking after about thirty minutes extending for two or three hours.
When ingested orally, the effects take longer to appear and may last three to four hours.
In terms of learning and work: Marijuana affects the ability to learn and remember information, the more a person uses marijuana, the greater the likelihood of delay in the acquisition of intellectuals, labor or social skills. It is more likely that workers who smoke marijuana have problems at work than their colleagues who do not smoke. As are increased absences, tardiness, accidents, and job changes. Estrangement from family and previous circle of friends the more a person smokes hashish, show more indifference toward positive personal contacts he has had so far and to their friends. Also within the family it will distance.
- It is the gateway to the world of harder drugs.
- Peer pressure (siblings, colleagues, friends), in order to be accepted and to be part of the group.
- Search quiet after a day of work or activity.
- Dodge the difficulties that arise in life.
- Provide social relations.
- Under the influence of modern songs that mention or because its use in movies or on TV seen.
HOW TO KNOW IF SOMEONE IS SMOKING MARIJUANA?
The safest indices are:
- Loss of interest or motivation to study or work
- Unjustified swings in mood
- Periods of irritation or depression
- Communication breakdown with family
- Presence of red and irritated eyes using drops frequently
- Difficulties with memory
The treatment of marijuana addiction requires specific treatment. On the one hand it is usually necessary intervene pharmacologically motivation system, as soon as possible to reverse the effects on it. If anxiety or psychotic symptoms symptomatic drug treatment is also necessary.
As for addiction, as indicated usually a cessation program, individual or group. If addiction is severe or especially if combined with other addictions, a residential treatment may be necessary.