The pomegranate is a shrub tree, native to the Middle East (specifically in the region of Mesopotamia) that can reach up to 20 feet (6 meters) high.
Thin branches, often with spines at the tips are oval-lanceolate opposite leaves and bright oblong u, and have 1 to 2 inches (2-5 cm) long.
From the tips of the branches out between 1 and 5 large,red or orange flowers.
Fruit pomegranate a berry of many seeds and thick shell, is yellow-brown to red and about the size of an orange; each seed is surrounded by an acid and red pulp.
The pomegranate has been consumed since ancient times. It is known that ancient Egyptian pharaohs ate juice pomegranate and which also appears in one of their graves, as a good companion on your journey to the afterlife.
Pomegranate quotes Homer in his “Odyssey” is full of mythical stories with pomegranate as the protagonist. Also, it is mentioned in the Hebrew, Christian and Muslim tradition.
The Arabs introduced throughout the Mediterranean as a refreshing drink and the Spaniards brought to America their culture today, large tracts of pomegranates throughout the continent, especially in Brazil and Chile.
- The pomegranate is rich in potassium, fiber, vitamin C and niacin, water-soluble vitamin that promotes good metabolism and liver function.
- It also helps prevent LDL or bad cholesterol and is rich in pectin, antioxidants, flavonoids, fiber, vitamins (E, C, Bl, B2, B3, B9), phosphorus, copper, iron, zinc and calcium, and is particularly rich manganese, potassium and tannins, hence the bitterness of his skin.
According to a study by the University of California, it was determined that the Pomegranate proved to be one of the fruits of greater activity against free radicals by their higher content of polyphenols antioxidants. His power was about 20% higher than in grapes, red wine, blackberries, oranges and even green tea itself (also white tea)
- For that reason, it is considered that helps in the fight against aging and certain cancers including skin and prostate.
- The pomegranate is also an ally to cure a persistent cough, sore throat, asthma and heart disease effective protector
- Due to its astringent properties, pomegranate favors relief diarrhea and cramps. Similarly, combat intestinal parasites.
- It is important to note that the pomegranate provides fewer calories because it is low in sugar and has a very high proportion of water. All this makes it a diuretic and slimming fruit.
- It is also considered aphrodisiac due to its manganese content and action on sexual hormones.
- Pomegranate remedy to expel intestinal parasites Dry seeds of 7-9 grenades sunlight or place them on a baking sheet in the oven at low temperature for 7 hours. Then you pound them to powder with a hammer or other heavy object. Take 1 tablespoon of seed powder in a glass of 6 oz (175 ml) pineapple juice (pineapple) unsweetened than 3-4 times a day, on an empty stomach. It is recommended to set a moderate fasting.
- Pomegranate remedies against cough and cold Mix half a cup of fresh juice of Granada and another half cup of ginger root tea. Add 1 tablespoon of honey. Take 3 times daily.
- Pomegranate remedy for sore throat. Pour a shell prewashed of Granada in 1/2 cup of water is boiling. Cover and let cool. Gargle with this infusion several times a day.
- Pomegranate remedy to combat wrinkles # 1 Apply directly Granada juice with a squeeze of lemon to the face. Perform this remedy 3 times a week just before sleep.
- Pomegranate remedy to combat wrinkles No. 2 seed oil Apply Granada on wrinkle prone areas.
- Pomegranate remedy to cure boils. Mix a few drops of hot mustard oil with powdered dried bark of Pomegranate. Once achieving a paste,applied by a cotton stick on the boil several times a day until dry.
- Remedy aphrodisiac Granada Mix with a glass of juice Granada with two tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Take this drink three times a week.
- Pomegranate remedy against bad breath or halitosis chewing a tablespoon of seeds of pomegranate after every meal
- Pomegranate remedy against Boil about 30 g of pomegranate diarrhea bark in a liter of water for 10 minutes. Cool and filter the liquid. Take two to three cups of this preparation to get rid of diarrhea.
Check to buy Pomegranates they are heavy (weighing the more, the better), have red accents of the skin and have been included in its ripeness (since otherwise there is likely to be too green, without all those rich properties).
You should also check for a thin, hard and unbroken shell.
Save the Pomegranates in a cool place, protected from light. Keep no more than one month in the refrigerator.