Although we see there are not many conditions that can promote inflammation of lymph from a mouth infection to ear, going through a lowering of defenses.
Inflammation of a lymph node is very common and if you think, the first thing you should do is calm down. 80% of the time due to a simple infection unimportant because sometimes the simple fact of being weak can cause the tissue fluid (lymph) and accumulate said reaction origin.
Keep Calm and go to the doctor will be the essential guidelines with which to act before the swelling of a lymph node. We, for our part, we explain what are the causes and symptoms that cause inflammation of a lymph node, stressing once again that it’s usually something very common.
- What role has the lymph nodes?
Think of the lymphatic system in a complex network that runs our body like blood vessels. It consists of lymphocytes and aims defend and take care of our immune system: Purges toxins, removes pathogens, germs or any foreign substance that we can get sick.
Lymph nodes are bean-shaped and shared by the neck, collarbone, armpits, internal organs and English. They usually have a size of a centimeter and a half, and usually do not even notice, unless swell.
- Why lymph nodes swell?
You may, for example, after having spent an annoying flu, you realize that in your neck have a swollen lymph node. It is most common. You can also, when you’re taking a shower, you notice a small lump under the armpit. First thing we do is calm down and think it is something common, but despite this and to stay calmer, so consult with your doctor.
Let us now see the causes that often inflamed lymph:
- For a cold or flu, times when our immune system is somewhat weaker, with low defenses.
- It will seem strange, but a tooth infection can also cause inflammation of any node on the neck. It is therefore important to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Beware also of ear infections. Usually, if they are severe, they can lead to an inflammation of the lymph nodes.
- Canker sores are also a source of infection that we should consider.
- Diseases such as tuberculosis and tonsillitis are also factors that determine the appearance of a swollen node.
- Immune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis can also cause this problem.
- Also be aware of side effects of some medications, since they can also cause inflammation of the lymph nodes.
- Leukemia also is a source that we must consider.
- A swollen lymph node can also be caused by Hodgkin’s disease or non-Hodgkin lymphoma. They are a very common type of cancer, and it is noteworthy that the recovery rate is quite high.
- Symptoms of inflammation of a lymph node
Usually, usually quite obvious, but it is important to know all the symptoms for your peace of mind and that, in case of suffering, put them to the attention of your doctor.
Notice you a lump in the neck, collarbone, armpit or groin. Point out that if you perceive especially the presence of a lump in the collarbone, it may be something serious should notify your doctor immediately. It is often a symptom of Hodgkin’s disease, which has proper treatment and good results.
Normally a lymph node is usually accompanied by a few tenths of a fever. It is also possible to suffer night sweats.
Sometimes a lymph node usually associated with some pain. Point out also that you should not ignore the classic rumors of “no pain is bad” and “if it hurts is a simple inflammation.” No conclusive and reliable data on it, so it is best to get a diagnosis to stay calm.
- Can prevent swelling of a lymph node?
As always noted in our space, there is no foolproof formula that can protect us from certain diseases. What is important in the case of lymphatic system will always maintain in good condition our immune system, so we invite you to know the most important guidelines:
Raise your intake of vitamin C: Ideals these natural juices morning orange, lemon, grapefruit (grapefruit). Perfect the various salads of fruits like strawberries, kiwis, papayas … yummy!
Vitamin E: Especially all that is present in green leafy vegetables such as spinach, also in all whole foods such as oats, wheat, barley, brewer’s yeast … are also important all fruits dry.
Upgrade your levels of iron, selenium and zinc: Lean meat, beans, squash, salmon, olive oil … They are key foods that cannot miss on your dishes.
Watch your stress levels: The presence of hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline, full of toxins our body and disrupts the proper functioning of the immune system, affecting our overall health. It is a serious aspect to keep in mind to prevent many of these diseases, so do not hesitate to properly manage your emotions. Your health is worth it!